Group Executive Management, business areas and group functions
President and Group Executive Management
The President is accountable for Group decision-making in all areas delegated by the Board. In order to ensure a full Group perspective in these matters, the President has appointed the Group Executive Management as an advisory forum, focusing on how to achieve Group targets, strategies, structure and organization. The Group Executive Management meets each month and its members are accountable for implementing the President’s decisions.
In 2019 the Group Executive Management consisted of:
- Björn Rosengren, President and CEO (succeeded by Stefan Widing on 1 February 2020)
- Tomas Eliasson, Executive Vice President and CFO
- Klas Forsström, President of Sandvik Machining Solutions (until 30 June 2019)
- Lars Bergström, Acting President of Sandvik Machining Solutions (from 1 July 2019)
- Lars Engström, President of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (until 31 March 2019)
- Henrik Ager, President of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (from 1 April 2019)
- Göran Björkman, President of Sandvik Materials Technology
- Jessica Alm, Executive Vice President and Head of Group Communications
- Johan Kerstell, Executive Vice President and Head of Human Resources
- Åsa Thunman, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
The President and other members of the Group Executive Management are presented further in Group Executive Management.
The Sandvik organization model is based on a decentralized business model with three separate business areas – Sandvik Machining Solutions, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology and Sandvik Materials Technology – based on distinct product offerings. Each business area has full responsibility and accountability for its respective business results.
Each of the three business areas is organized in a number of divisions based on product offering or brand. The division is the highest operational level in the Sandvik organizational structure. Certain divisions that are based on a product offering are also divided into business units representing a defined part of the product offering.
Visit home.sandvik for more detailed information relating to the Group’s business activities and product portfolios.
There are four Group functions within Sandvik: Communications, Finance, HR and Legal. Group functions specifically focus on setting the appropriate enabling structures and processes that are common for the Group or cover a specific area for which the Group is responsible.