President and Group Executive Management, business areas and Group functions
President and Group Executive Management
The President is accountable for Group decision-making in all areas delegated by the Board. In order to ensure a full Group perspective in these matters, the President has appointed the Group Executive Management as an advisory forum, focusing on how to achieve Group targets, strategies, structure and organization. The Group Executive Management meets each month and its members are accountable for implementing the President’s decisions.
In 2022, the Group Executive Management consisted of:
- Stefan Widing, President and CEO, and President of Sandvik Manufacturing and Machining Solutions, as well as acting President of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (June 17– September 31, 2022)
- Cecilia Felton, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (as from February 1, 2022), acting Chief Financial Officer (November 1, 2021– January 31, 2022) and Vice President Group Control (up until March 31, 2022)
- Nadine Crauwels, President of the Sandvik Machining Solutions business area segment
- Christophe Sut, President of the Sandvik Manufacturing Solutions business area segment
- Henrik Ager, President of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (up until June 17, 2022)
- Mats Eriksson, President of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (as from October 1, 2022)
- Anders Svensson, President of Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions (up until September 31, 2022)
- Richard Harris, President of Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions (as from October 1, 2022)
- Göran Björkman, President of Sandvik Materials Technology (up until August 31, 2022)
- Jessica Alm, Executive Vice President and Head of Group Communications and Sustainability
- Johan Kerstell, Executive Vice President and Head of Human Resources
- Åsa Thunman, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
The members of the Group Executive Management are presented further in Group Executive Management.
The Sandvik organizational model is based on a decentralized business model. Since the spin-off of the Sandvik Materials Technology business area in August 2022, there are three separate business areas – Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions, Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions and Sandvik Manufacturing and Machining Solutions – each based on distinct product offerings. Each business area has full responsibility and accountability for its respective business results.
Sandvik Manufacturing and Machining Solutions is divided into two business area segments – Sandvik Machining Solutions and Sandvik Manufacturing Solutions. Further, each of the three business areas is organized in a number of divisions based on product offering or brand. The division is the highest operational level in the Sandvik organizational structure. Certain divisions that are based on a product offering are also divided into business units representing a defined part of the product offering.
For an overview of Sandvik’s organizational model, refer to Value-creating offerings and visit home.sandvik for more detailed information relating to the Group’s business activities and product portfolios.
There are five Group functions within Sandvik: Communications and Sustainability, Finance, HR, Legal and IT. Group functions specifically focus on setting the appropriate enabling structures and processes that are common for the Group or cover a specific area for which the Group is responsible.