President and Group Executive Management, business areas and Group functions
President and Group Executive Management
The President is accountable for Group decision-making in all areas delegated by the Board. In order to ensure a full Group perspective in these matters, the President has appointed the Group Executive Management as an advisory forum, focusing on how to achieve Group targets, strategies, structure and organization. The Group Executive Management meets each month and its members are accountable for implementing the President’s decisions.
In 2020, the Group Executive Management consisted of:
- Stefan Widing, President and CEO (succeeding Björn Rosengren as of February 1, 2020) and President of Sandvik Manufacturing and Machining Solutions (as of October 1, 2020)
- Tomas Eliasson, Executive Vice President and CFO
- Lars Bergström, President of Sandvik Machining Solutions (until September 30, 2020), President of the Sandvik Manufacturing Solutions business area segment (as of October 1, 2020 until December 31, 2020)
- Nadine Crauwels, President of the Sandvik Machining Solutions business area segment (as of October 1, 2020)
- Henrik Ager, President of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
- Göran Björkman, President of Sandvik Materials Technology
- Jessica Alm, Executive Vice President and Head of Group Communications
- Johan Kerstell, Executive Vice President and Head of Human Resources
- Åsa Thunman, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
On January 1, 2021, Anders Svensson took on the position as President of the new business area Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions and joined the Group Executive Management.
The President and other members of the Group Executive Management are presented further in Group Executive Management.
The Sandvik organizational model is based on a decentralized business model. As of January 1, 2021 there are four separate business areas – Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions, Sandvik Manufacturing and Machining Solutions, Sandvik Materials Technology and Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions – each based on distinct product offerings. Each business area has full responsibility and accountability for its respective business results.
Sandvik Manufacturing and Machining Solutions is divided into two business area segments – Sandvik Machining Solutions and Sandvik Manufacturing Solutions. Further, each of the four business areas is organized in a number of divisions based on product offering or brand. The division is the highest operational level in the Sandvik organizational structure. Certain divisions that are based on a product offering are also divided into business units representing a defined part of the product offering.
For an overview of Sandvik’s organizational model, refer to Value-creating offerings and visit home.sandvik for more detailed information relating to the Group’s business activities and product portfolios.
There are four Group functions within Sandvik: Communications, Finance, HR and Legal. Group functions specifically focus on setting the appropriate enabling structures and processes that are common for the Group or cover a specific area for which the Group is responsible.